Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kelly's Non-Fiction Monday

Since I didn't come close to having anything ready for a Non-Fiction Monday post this week (still trying not to add up the total time spent in my car this weekend), I was delighted to see Kelly of Big A little a put a twist to her post:
1. Choose any one of YOUR OWN manuscripts. It can be a picture book, MG novel, an adult novel... It makes no difference.
2. Turn to page 30 of your novel or page 3 if it is a PB
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 5 sentences of text.
5. Then tag 5 writer friends to do the same.
6. See if you can visit Your Tagged Friends and the Person who Tagged You to read their short excepts.

So here's the fifth sentence on page 30 of the WIP (the current page 30, at least - playing with fonts is always a good way to procrastinate:


Maude laid her head on my shoulder.

And the following five:

"Want John to play with me."

Not Maude too. I swallowed my groan. Who thought it would be a good idea to send Maude my way because she was pining away? Did my entire family blame me for the fact that John had to go back and tend to his future?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These snippets are so tantalizing!

Sarah Rettger said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Kelly said...

Hmmm...what's happening here? Tantalizing is right!

christine M said...

Hmmm - now that definitely piques my interest!